Airline industry has seen much development after the post WW-II period. With the developments and trends in aviation techniques, airlines have paved a way for making travel and tourism better in every way. Also, airline industry plays a major role in the travel and tourism. The airline industry exists in an intensely competitive market. Observing a growth of 17.62 percent over the past year and with the recent development, there has been a significant increase in the airline opportunities.
Both domestic and international airline requires trained professional on the airports for different kinds of jobs including ground staff, flight attendants, ticketing counters as well as air hostesses. Thus, looking at the wider scope of the airline industry, it is very much beneficial for the travel industry.
The Indian government is likewise taking steps for development of aviation industry. Recently they have propelled a new plan named as - UDAAN Yojana. This plan guarantee that traveling via air is reasonable for all, which will resultantly draw more travelers to different airlines.
Looking at the aviation sector in India, many developments are seen in recent times. According to the IATA-International Air Transport Association, India is the fastest growing aviation market currently. Bangalore is the aviation manufacturing hub in India, where most of the airlines are manufactured. Also, with the increased customer expectations, the airline industry has launched new airlines and services for the benefits of
passengers. Vistara Airlines, which is a joint venture of Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines is currently the best full-service airline in India. Also, it is the only airline offering a premium economy class for passengers wanting to travel with better services and amenities. Recent increase in FDI –Foreign Direct Investment has also changed the face of aviation industry of India. The international aviation industry, on the other hand, is further developed with many more services and amenities.
They generally provide services to virtually every corner of the world. Also, this is the major resultant factor in the increase of global economy on a large scale. Today, global airlines consist of more than 2000 airlines that are operating more than 23000 aircraft. Thus, with the emerging trends in IT and developments in technology, there is much more scope for the airline industry in India to make its way to the top.
Considering the extent of the airline industry, there are a number of options for a career in the airline industry. Airlines are always in need of certified professionals for different kind of jobs on the airport. These jobs include ground staff, flight attendants as well as air hostess/air host jobs.
Thus, there are endless opportunities in the airline industry. If you are planning to get into the industry, you must have completed the IATA certification courses which are provided at different institutes throughout India. Also, there are a number of institutes in India, offering different courses in travel and tourism which can help you to get into the travel industry.
Let us take a look at some of the career options in airline industry in India.
1) Flight Attendant – If you love to be with people and know extremely well how to handle them, then this is a perfect job for you. The main responsibility of a flight attendant is to make sure the passengers are safe.
2) Administrative Staff - If you are good at handling manpower and other back-end work, this is a perfect job
for you. It includes secretaries, data entry works, receptionists, etc.
3) Operations Agent – This is one of the toughest jobs in the airline industry. You must be very good at communication for this job. An operation agent must be properly able to communicate effectively with the pilots, ground crew and personnel.
4) Sales Representative - If you love to speak with people and have a great knack for convincing, then this is a perfect job for you. The basic work as a sales representative is to generate business for airlines.
5) Air Host/Air Hostess – One of the best jobs in airlines industry is being an air host/hostess. If you love to travel extensively and love to attend people, then this is a perfect job for you.
Thus, with the modern technologies and ever-changing trends, the airline industry is growing day by day. India's aviation industry is generally undiscovered with enormous job openings.