IATA courses can offer many benefits to student, travel agent and as well as the small business owner. As basic courses and training are perfect to formalise your skills gained in the workplace. Now let’s take a closer look at what they have to offer and why you should join in such a programme:
What Is IATA?
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the exchange relationship for the world’s airlines, serving around 265 airlines or 83% of total air traffic. They hold numerous areas of the aviation industry and help in forming industry policy on important aviation concerns. This private organisation encourages cooperation among the world's registered airlines to ensure reliable, safe, dependable, and reasonable air services.
Mission: To Serve, To Represent and To Lead aviation industry
IATA tries to enhance understanding of the industry among decision makers and raises awareness of the benefits that aviation brings to national and global businesses. IATA further assures that people and goods can travel throughout the global airline system as easily. It provides necessary professional assistance to all industry partners like travel agencies plus separate travel and tourism agents with a wide variety of products and important skilful services, such as publications, training and consulting.
Advantages Of IATA Courses:
The IATA certificates are acknowledged by all the airlines and travel agencies everywhere in the world. There are a wide variety of IATA programmes. IATA courses are created by industry specialists and updated regularly to keep pace with the latest standards, administrative policies, and the quickly evolving demands of the aviation industry. It offers several internationally recognised courses and training for all levels of airline executives and operations. Airline operations, travel sales and operation, CRS – Amadeus, fare calculation and air ticketing are some of the areas of training. This course provides in-depth knowledge of the travel and tourism industry.
What Will You Learn:
- Provide outstanding client service and build client loyalty.
- Learn the different services and facilities accessible to airline passengers during their travel.
- Book and market travel products using Global Distribution Systems (GDS) such as Amadeus.
- Plan and save travel itineraries using standard industry coding.
- Counsel clients on passport and visa requirements, as well as on travel insurance benefits.
- Sell customised tour packages, car rental, rail travel, hotel accommodation, cruises.
Who Will Benefit:
- Students who want to have a profession in the travel business
- Junior travel specialists
- Staff of large organisations responsible for making travel arrangement
An undergraduate who have successfully qualified 12th Standard / 10+2 (or Similar Level of Examination) from a recognised Board.
Over 200 million people serve in the travel and tourism industry globally. IATA accreditation can make you stand out among a huge crowd of people if you are hoping to make a career in the travel & tourism industry.
Posted On 24 Feb, 2017
By anubhav tiwari
Posted In Career.
Tagged Travel Career, IATA Course.